It’s no secret that everyone likes a little recognition, and for kids it can be the determining factor when deciding to stay with an activity or not. If your sports program or activity has a recognition program, or if you’re just starting to develop one, here are some tips to make it a meaningful program:
- Keep notes throughout the season on each player’s progress to help you recognize individual effort and improvement.
- Make recognition a part of each practice and game – highlight someone who’s improving, demonstration good sportsmanship, and the one who made the big play!
- Have parents capture action shots of kids that you can distribute with their awards.
- Plan an end-of-season event where players can relax and have fun with their teammates.
- When presenting the award, share a specific comment on each child.
We’ve made it easy for coaches, parents, and league organizers to establish a meaningful sports recognition program. Download our tips and make recognition meaningful!