The heart of the Awards and Personalization Association is our dedicated and passionate team of volunteers. Committees are composed of retailer and supplier members who are committed to furthering the mission of the association and its members. If you are interested in participating on a committee, please submit a volunteer form.
Committee Chair: Lisa Higginbotham, CRS, 5Star Awards
- Delivers educational programming to members that is timely and relevant.
- Identifies the educational needs of the industry and develops programs to deliver the information through a variety of mediums.
- Oversees the continuing education program, which awards the Certified Recognition Specialist and Certified Recognition Master designations.
Trade Show Committee
Committee Chair: Karen Guzman, Identification Plates
- Provides attendees at the International Awards & Personalization Expo and regionally held Expos with cutting-edge education, a plethora of networking opportunities and a forum to further your business goals.
Committee Chair: Jeanette Brewer-Richardson, CRS, Engraving Concepts
- Ensures that members of the association receive value from their membership.
- Recruits new members and retains current members by delivering programs and benefits that have a positive impact on members’ businesses.
Committee Chair: Amy Dallman, Epilog Laser Corp
- Influences the publishing of the monthly magazine, Insights, by ensuring the content of the publication provides value to its readers.
Committee Chair: Rick Woltman, Woltman Trophies & Awards
- Oversees the selection of the prestigious Gold Obelisk award recipients as well as Product Contests, which recognize the amazing creativity of extraordinary retailer and supplier members.
Committee Chair: David Takes, Expressions Engraved
- Oversees the online presence of the Awards and Personalization Association.
- Ensures the association offers a high functioning, user-friendly website.